The Language Engineering team works on the source code analyzers to achieve the same, including both programming languages and configuration-as-code systems. As a member of the Language Engineering team, you will work on building the best, most comprehensive PHP analyzer in the world. You will define short-term and long-term goals for the analyzer, add new rules and Autofixes to find more code issues and automatically fix them. You will be involved with the community to understand the problems with static analysis tools in the PHP ecosystem.
As a member of the Language engineering team, you will:
- Identify bad code practices in PHP and write new rules to detect them.
- Write in-depth explanations about the bad code practices that DeepSource detects and ways to fix them.
- Develop new features in the existing analyzer.
- Improve the coverage of automatically fixable issues.
- Ensure the analyzer reports fewer false positives.
- Contribute back to the open-source projects we use.
We're looking for someone who has,
- Strong foundational knowledge in Computer Science.
- Basic understanding of static analysis concepts like Abstract Syntax Trees and Taint checking.
- Ability to write high-quality and performant PHP code with solid testing practices.
- Strong knowledge of the internals of the PHP runtime.
- Familiarity with how PHP is evolving, and the best practices followed in the industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to explain theoretical concepts in a simple manner.